Thursday, December 4, 2008

Recent Reads

So in an effort to schedule some meetings next week with some baseball guys I emailed this article from bizofbaseball.com to a few of my contacts. Basically I try to give these guys a reason to open my emails so I always provide some other type of content, but I don't do this often. It's got to be cutting edge and pertinent to what they do. This particular article is an interview with Rick Peterson, the former Mets and A's pitching coach, and I think it was well received with all three of them replying back to me. It's quite long, but well worth it. He gets into some interesting ideas about diagnosing poor pitching deliveries and methods to repair them. He also has a cool story about an experience with Jason Isringhausen towards the end.

In my emails I also wanted to know if their specific team employed this method of "prehab". Unfortunately I didn't get any concrete answers, but I'll be sure to take it up with them next week.

No comments: