Saturday, December 6, 2008

Suiting Up


Gear up, it's to time take care of business.

9:50 AM EST takeoff time Sunday morning from Reagan National and everything is good to go. (that's right, I linked the airport) Two suits and threads for 5 days, including swim trunks for the sweetest pools in the world. Temperature says 65 and sunny so that's not so great for swimming, but nevertheless, I'm prepared for everything.

I'd like to share a couple email exchanges I had with a Rays employee the last couple of days. His latest reply back to me tonight had some sage advice:

"Try not to look like a job seeker if you do visit the Bellagio – i.e., don’t run around in a suit with your PBEO badge hanging out! Don’t accost GM’s; it’s not worth your time."

Don't accost GM's? I'm glad I'm not an agent.

He was quite candid in an earlier note during the week: (I was trying to understand how I could flag him down, having never seen him before)

"As for what I look like…well, as someone who has been in your shoes, I think I can say this without being too callous: that’s part of the challenge!"

As if I needed an additional challenge.

No comments: