Wednesday, September 24, 2008

On the Banks of the Missouri

Here I am in Chamberlain, South Dakota at the same point where Lewis and Clark and their Corps of Discovery stopped to rest as they made their way along the Missouri River north through South Dakota on their way to the Pacific Ocean.

Just a note about driving through South Dakota today: The skies were clear, the weather was perfect, and I could see for miles all around me. The small town I'm in tonight looks ripe for overdevelopment and a Robert Trent Jones golf course. It's perfect with its small rolling hills along the banks of a beautiful river. It just seems like some uncovered gem for a great vacation spot.

Anyways this spot also represents a change in the focus of my trip as I begin to see many of the great natural wonders of the West. Tomorrow I'll continue to head west towards Rapid City, the Black Hills, the Badlands, and famous Mt. Rushmore.

1 comment:

Chris and Abby said...

That is absolutely beautiful!! I'm glad everything is going well!!!